Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Silver Springs offering free admission to all
Posted Jul 26, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Silver Springs, one of the original Florida attractions, is now offering free admission to the public.
The botanical park, which has long drawn visitors with their glass-bottom boat rides that offer views deep into the crystal clear artesian spring-fed waters, is a family favorite.
The boat rides are not included in the free admission deal, but tickets can be purchased for $12.99 for adults and $9.99 for senior citizens and children. Each ticket purchase includes a “Buy One Get One” food voucher and a merchandise discount voucher in the Pavilion giftshop.
The park also features child play areas, shopping, dining and botanical gardens.
Regular daily admission to the park was $34.99 for adults and is still charged on days when a concert is scheduled.
Silver Springs is located at 5656 E. Silver Springs Blvd., near Ocala.
For more information about Silver Springs, visit http://www.silversprings.com/tickets.html#ssa.