Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate winter solstice with half-price shakes
- Santa returns to downtown market for more free photos
- Tampa Ikea hosts free kids activities, meals during winter break
- Free breakfast at Carrollwood Whole Foods Market
- Kids eat free at Ikea after Christmas
- Free tow home program begins Friday for holidays
- Donate blood during “12 Days of Giving,” score rewards
- Free Friday walking tour has a holiday theme
- Kids treated to free ‘meet and greet and eat’ with Santa at Lee Roy Selmon’s
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
Silver Springs offering free admission to all
Posted Jul 26, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Silver Springs, one of the original Florida attractions, is now offering free admission to the public.
The botanical park, which has long drawn visitors with their glass-bottom boat rides that offer views deep into the crystal clear artesian spring-fed waters, is a family favorite.
The boat rides are not included in the free admission deal, but tickets can be purchased for $12.99 for adults and $9.99 for senior citizens and children. Each ticket purchase includes a “Buy One Get One” food voucher and a merchandise discount voucher in the Pavilion giftshop.
The park also features child play areas, shopping, dining and botanical gardens.
Regular daily admission to the park was $34.99 for adults and is still charged on days when a concert is scheduled.
Silver Springs is located at 5656 E. Silver Springs Blvd., near Ocala.
For more information about Silver Springs, visit http://www.silversprings.com/tickets.html#ssa.