Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Shop for ‘free’ on Small Business Saturday
Posted Nov 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM
If you’re an American Express credit card holder, you can get some free money for holiday purchases this Saturday.
American Express wants to encourage consumers to shop at their local small businesses and is giving them $25 to do it.
Just register your personal American Express credit card and then check out which stores in your area are participating.
After you make a qualifying purchase you will be issued a credit of $25 within the next two billing cycles.
For more information, visit the Small Business Saturday website .