Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
See giant crocheted coral reef for free
Posted Jun 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
A colorful massive reproduction of a coral reef made from crocheted fabric and bold paintings and illustrations inspired by graffiti art are featured attractions at two art exhibits opening in downtown St. Petersburg this week.
Opening Friday and filling more than 1,200 square feet of the Florida Craftsmen Gallery on Central Avenue, is the St. Petersburg Satellite Coral Reef, an exhibit that is part “save the planet” message, part science, part craftsmanship and all amazingly spectacular to behold.
Free to visit.