Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
See giant crocheted coral reef for free
Posted Jun 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
A colorful massive reproduction of a coral reef made from crocheted fabric and bold paintings and illustrations inspired by graffiti art are featured attractions at two art exhibits opening in downtown St. Petersburg this week.
Opening Friday and filling more than 1,200 square feet of the Florida Craftsmen Gallery on Central Avenue, is the St. Petersburg Satellite Coral Reef, an exhibit that is part “save the planet” message, part science, part craftsmanship and all amazingly spectacular to behold.
Free to visit.