Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
See giant crocheted coral reef for free
Posted Jun 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 7, 2012 at 12:31 PM
A colorful massive reproduction of a coral reef made from crocheted fabric and bold paintings and illustrations inspired by graffiti art are featured attractions at two art exhibits opening in downtown St. Petersburg this week.
Opening Friday and filling more than 1,200 square feet of the Florida Craftsmen Gallery on Central Avenue, is the St. Petersburg Satellite Coral Reef, an exhibit that is part “save the planet” message, part science, part craftsmanship and all amazingly spectacular to behold.
Free to visit.