Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Score discounted fair admission with Goodwill donations
Posted Jan 15, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 15, 2014 at 02:28 PM
Save at the state fair gate while cleaning out your closets when you donate to Goodwill Industries Suncoast.
Beginning Monday, Jan. 20 everyone who drops off clothing or household donations at any Goodwill donation site (http://www.goodwill-suncoast.org) will receive a coupon good for $2 off a single adult ticket to the fair.
The offer is good through Feb. 16 and the discount applies to tickets sold at the fair admission gates, not advance ticket purchases.
Regular adult admission at the gate is $11 Monday through Friday and $13 Saturday and Sunday.
The Florida State Fair (http://www.floridastatefair.com/) runs Feb. 6 - 17 at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 U.S. 301 N., Tampa.