Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Score a free doughnut or more on Talk Like A Pirate Day
Posted Sep 10, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 10, 2013 at 09:16 AM
Dig out that Gasparilla getup, it’s time to earn some free booty in the off-season: this time, doughnuts.
On Thursday, Sept. 19, visit a participating Krispy Kreme location and simply “talk like a pirate” to score a free glazed doughnut. Acceptable phrases include “shiver me timbers,” ahoy thar matey,” “thar she blows,” “walk the plank,” and “hoist the anchor” to give you an idea.
If you’re couragous enough to get decked out in full pirate regalia, you’ll score the ultimate bounty of a free dozen original glazed doughnuts.
Qualifying pirate costumes must include at least three of the following items:
* Eye patch
* Pirate hat
* Peg leg
* Parrot on shoulder
* Pirate shirt/loose white shirt
* Leather belt
* Silver and gold necklaces and earrings
* Pirate hook
* Pointy black boots or ragged brown sandals
For those who really want to impress, be sure to include battle scars, wench wear, skull and crossbone insignias, a jaunty sash and Gasparilla beads.
No weapons are permitted.
The offer is good for one free doughnut per customer who talks like a pirate to a Krispy Kreme team member at a participating shop. One free dozen Original Glazed doughnuts per customer who wears a full pirate costume into a participating Krispy Kreme location.
Tampa Bay area participating locations inclue North Tampa, South Tampa, Palm Harbor, Lakeland and Brandon.
To find participating locations, visit http://krispykreme.com