Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Score a dozen free doughnuts on Hero Appreciation Day
Posted Apr 15, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 16, 2013 at 09:15 AM
It’s a real holiday.
Apparently National Superheros Day was started on April 28, 1995 by a group of Marvel Comics employees.
Celebrate the “superheros” in your life this year by giving them doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme is making it cheap to do by offering a coupon at http://www.heroappreciationday.com/ that you can print out and bring in to a participating Krispy Kreme location to redeem for a free dozen original glazed doughnuts with the purchase of a dozen doughnuts.
Then don your cape and hand them out to all the heroes you encounter from day to day.
The offer is good on Sunday (April 28) only, while supplies last.