Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Save on advance tickets to marine Halloween event for kids
Posted Sep 27, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 27, 2013 at 09:58 AM
Celebrate Halloween Florida-style with a nautical twist at Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium’s “Icky-ology Lab.”
Kids of all ages are invited to dress up in costume for a night of fish, fun and fright from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18.
Kids ages eight and older can explore “Dr. Frankin-Fish’s Icky-ology Lab.”
Other activities include hunting for shark teeth in “Coffin Creek,” trick-or-treating and underwater pumpkin carving in the shark tank.
There will also be an education program geared toward children ages 2-5.
Buy your tickets online in advance and save a few dollars per person. Tickets cost $6 each online at http://www.mote.org/halloween through Oct. 16. Purchased at the door, tickets are $8 for Mote Members or $10 for nonmembers. Children under age 3 are free.
Mote Marine is located at 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy, Sarasota.