Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Save on admission to the Florida Strawberry Festival
Posted Feb 20, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 20, 2012 at 05:08 PM
If you have a hankering for some strawberry shortcake you should start making your plans to attend the Florida Strawberry Festival.
The festival opens March 1 and runs through March 11 at 303 North Lemon St. in Plant City.
Advance ticket sales are going on now at Bay area Sweetbay stores.
By purchasing gate admission in advance, festival attendees can save $2 off the regular adult admission price of $10 and $1 off the youth price (ages 6 -12). Children ages 5 and younger are admitted free.
There are also other ways to save, by attending special discount days:
Senior Citizens’ Days - March 1 and 8: Patrons age 60 and older get $2 off gate admission.
Kids’ Day - March 3: All kids through high school age are admitted free. There’s also a free kids Suite Caroline concert on the Wish Farms Soundstage at 1 p.m.
Ride-A-Thon Days - March 5, 6, 7 and 8: Purchase a wristband for $19 (regularly $25) and ride unlimited on most mechanical rides during certain hours.
Red Hat Day - March 6: Red hat wearers will receive $2 off the regular gate admission.
American Heroes Day- March 7: Free admission is offered to all active, reserve and retired military members along with law enforcement officers and firefighters. Valid ID is required.
Farm Worker Appreciation Day - March 10: Farm workers should contact their employer for a voucher for free gate admission to the festival.
Tampa Tribune Day on the Midway - March 9: Save $2 off the regular price of $20 for the Fun Pack Ride coupon book.
Once you’re inside the gates, make sure to check out the daily schedule of free entertainment the festival offers.