Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Save money on holiday tradition by visiting on discount days
Posted Nov 28, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 28, 2012 at 01:35 PM
One of Tampa’s signature holiday traditions is the Victorian Christmas Stroll, which has taken place at the H.B. Plant Museum every December for 31 years.
The former Tampa Bay Hotel captures the Victorian spirit of the season with 14 exhibit rooms; each uniquely trimmed in 19th century themes and antique holiday accessories. Also on display are antique toys dating from the 1890’s to 1930’s.
Complimentary cider and cookies will be served on the veranda every day, and each evening carolers will perform.
Admission is $13 for adults, $11 seniors and $7 youth ages 4 - 18.
Save some money by visiting on the discounted admission days of December 3, 4, 10, and 11 when tickets are reduced to $9 for adults, $8 for seniors, and $5 for youth.
The H.B. Plant Museum is located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa and is open for the the Christmas Stroll from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. daily from Saturday, Dec. 1 through Sunday, Dec. 23.