Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Rewards say “Thanks” for giving blood
Posted Nov 12, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 12, 2012 at 02:05 PM
Florida Blood Services and several Bay area businesses are giving thanks for blood donors.
During Thanksgiving week, if you are at least age 16, 110 pounds and healthy you can take your choice of a few different promotions intended to bolster our area’s blood supply.
On Monday, Nov. 19 from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., donate blood at select Walmart locations and get a $10 Walmart gift card in addition to a wellness checkup.
On Wednesday, Nov. 21 from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. donate blood at select Publix locations and get a $10 Publix gift card (perfect timing for last minute turkey trimmings!) in addition to a wellness checkup.
And Friday, Nov. 23 through Sunday, Nov. 25 donate blood at participating movie theaters and get a free movie ticket and Chick-fil-A goodies.