Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
Rewards say “Thanks” for giving blood
Posted Nov 12, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 12, 2012 at 02:05 PM
Florida Blood Services and several Bay area businesses are giving thanks for blood donors.
During Thanksgiving week, if you are at least age 16, 110 pounds and healthy you can take your choice of a few different promotions intended to bolster our area’s blood supply.
On Monday, Nov. 19 from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., donate blood at select Walmart locations and get a $10 Walmart gift card in addition to a wellness checkup.
On Wednesday, Nov. 21 from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. donate blood at select Publix locations and get a $10 Publix gift card (perfect timing for last minute turkey trimmings!) in addition to a wellness checkup.
And Friday, Nov. 23 through Sunday, Nov. 25 donate blood at participating movie theaters and get a free movie ticket and Chick-fil-A goodies.