Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Reduced admission featured at Bok carillon concert
Posted Jan 6, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 6, 2014 at 01:06 PM
Enjoy a rare moonlight carillon concert at Bok Tower Gardens on Monday, Jan. 13 for only $5.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and the concert is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
The one hour performance will feature Geert D’hollander and visitors can stroll through the torch-lit pathways and explore the gardens under the light of the full moon on that evening.
Regular daily admission is $12 for adults.
Bok Tower Gardens is on the register of National Historic Places and features a singing tower housing a 60-bell carillon and more than 1,200 acres of plants and wildlife.
For more information, visit http://boktowergardens.org/. The gardens are located at 1151 Tower Blvd., Lake Wales.