Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Rays Fan Fest is free family fun
Posted Feb 14, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Despite outside temperatures, spring is definitely on the way. One of the first signs is the annual Tampa Bay Rays Fan Fest.
The 2014 Tampa Bay Rays Fan Fest is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 22 from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. at Tropicana Field. Admission and parking are free for the annual event.
This year’s Fan Fest will once again feature a number of activities for kids, including “Reading with the Rays,” coaches clinics, an Interactive Zone, including a big league batting cage, speed pitch booth and Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby, photos with Rays mascots Raymond and DJ Kitty, baseball activities for all ages and appearances by Rays players and coaches.
Some changes to autograph availability have been made for this year’s event. Fans who want to purchase autographs must go online to purchase a pass that will provide access to specific players at a specific time frame during Fan Fest. A limited number of passes will be sold for each signing player and all sales must be completed online. There will be no sales on the day of or during Fan Fest. One autograph table will be free for kids 14 and under. More than 25 former major league players will also sign autographs for fans for free throughout the day.
Proceeds from autograph sales will benefit the ALS Association Florida Chapter and the Rays Baseball Foundation.
For more information, call (888) 326-7297 or visit http://raysbaseball.com/fanfest.
Tropicana Field is located at 1 Tropicana Dr, St Petersburg.