Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Race watchers get discounted Dali admission
Posted Mar 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 19, 2012 at 03:03 PM
The Dalí Museum will offer discounted admission rates to the museum during the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Friday, March 23 through Sunday, March 25. The discounted Dalí admission rate is $10 per person and $5 for children 12 and under. This is a discount of more than half off the $21 adult rate.
The Dalí Museum is located within the race area and accessible only to race ticket holders. Dali Museum tickets must be purchased separately. “The discounted Dalí admission is a way to help bring The Dalí experience to race ticket-holders, and Dalí patrons to the excitement of the races, at a great value to both,” Hank Hine, museum director, said.
Information for Dali patrons wishing to visit during race weekend is available on the museum’s website.
The museum is extending its hours of operation through April 8. These new hours will be in effect during the Honda Grand Prix weekend. The extended hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sunday – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.