Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Race watchers get discounted Dali admission
Posted Mar 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 19, 2012 at 03:03 PM
The Dalí Museum will offer discounted admission rates to the museum during the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Friday, March 23 through Sunday, March 25. The discounted Dalí admission rate is $10 per person and $5 for children 12 and under. This is a discount of more than half off the $21 adult rate.
The Dalí Museum is located within the race area and accessible only to race ticket holders. Dali Museum tickets must be purchased separately. “The discounted Dalí admission is a way to help bring The Dalí experience to race ticket-holders, and Dalí patrons to the excitement of the races, at a great value to both,” Hank Hine, museum director, said.
Information for Dali patrons wishing to visit during race weekend is available on the museum’s website.
The museum is extending its hours of operation through April 8. These new hours will be in effect during the Honda Grand Prix weekend. The extended hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; and Sunday – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.