Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Pollo Tropical grand opening features free chicken giveaways
Posted Oct 7, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Chicken restaurant chain Pollo Tropical is opening a new location in the Tampa Bay area and they’re celebrating with a 12 hour “beach party.”
The Carrollwood area will add a new location of the restaurant on Friday, Oct. 18, at 15298 North Dale Mabry Hwy., Tampa.
The party gets started at 9 a.m. with the first 100 people in line for the restaurant’s 10:30 grand opening will be entered in a drawing to win free chicken for a year. Also, each of the first 100 will receive a free “Create Your Own Family Meal” coupon redeemable on their next visit.
There will also be spin and wins for food coupons and Pollo Tropical merchandise.
Participants must be present to win, and the winner announcement will take place at 11 a.m.
For more information about Pollo tropical, visit http://pollotropical.com/.