Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
Posted Dec 4, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Polk County Sheriff’s Animal Control is hosting its annual Pet Fest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7.
Adoptions are discounted to just $25 on that day. A low cost pet vaccination clinic will be held throughout the day with shots offered at $5 each. Microchips are available for $15.00 and include free Home Again pet recovery service registration onsite. Santa, Mrs. Claus and elves will take photos with both people and pets. New pet owners will be eligible for gift basket drawings.
Prospective adopters are encouraged to fill out pre-qualification questionnaires in advance at http://www.polkpets.orgto expedite the adoption process.
Questionnaires will be accepted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 863.499.2603 prior to noon on Friday, Dec. 6.
Polk Animal Control is located at 7115 De Castro Rd., Winter Haven, just off the Polk Parkway.
For more information, call (863)499-2600.