Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Polk Museum of Art offers free admission Saturday mornings
Posted Jul 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Polk Museum of Art offers a deep discount for those wishing to visit their galleries on Saturday mornings: 100% off.
From 10 a.m. until noon, everyone is admitted for free to the Lakeland attraction.
Regular general admission is $5 for adults Tuesday - Friday.
Current collections on display include Georgian silver, works by Tsukioka Yoshitoshi and sculptor C. Paul Jennewein.
Polk Museum of Art is located at 800 East Palmetto St., Lakeland.
For more information, visit http://polkmuseumofart.org/