Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
Posted May 21, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 21, 2013 at 12:33 PM
In recognition of Memorial Day Weekend, the Henry B. Plant Museum will remember all those who have served our country by inviting veterans, active duty and retired military and their families to visit the museum free of charge.
The offer is good on Sunday, May 26 from noon - 5 p.m.
Refreshments will be served on the veranda.
At 2 p.m. the “Upstairs/Downstairs at the Tampa Bay Hotel” Live Theatre series will feature “Theodore Roosevelt” in a performance detailing his experiences at the historic site as former Lieutenant Colonel of the Rough Riders.
Those wishing to redeem the offer should present valid ID at the ticket counter.
The Henry B. Plant Museum is located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa.
For more information, visit https://plantmuseum.com/.