Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Pick 25 pounds of tomatoes for only $1
Posted Apr 27, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 27, 2012 at 02:51 PM
Got a serious hankerin’ for some salsa, or spaghetti sauce, or chili, or caprese salad or aspic ...?
We know where you can get some tomatoes to satisfy those needs.
Just stop on by Hunsader Farms east of Bradenton and pick all the tomatoes you want for $1 a bucket.
That’s 25 pounds of ‘maters, if you’re doing the math.
Bring your own buckets and limber up your pickin’ hands. U-pick starts promptly at 8 a.m. Monday through Saturday and runs until 4 p.m.
The season runs until the crop is gone.
There are all sorts of varieties to choose from, including green ones in case you are also craving that fried southern dish.
Hunsader Farms is located at 5500 County Road 675 in Bradenton and also stocks lots of other fresh veggies such as zuchinni, squash and onions in their farmer’s market.