Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
Posted May 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 17, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Pets looking to get out of the house for some free entertainment may want to head over to Pet-A-Palooza at Raymond James Stadium.
Instead of sitting by the door waiting for their master to come home, leashed and well-behaved pets are welcome to attend the free expo - along with their owners - on Saturday, May 18.
The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There will be lots for both pets and humans to do including pet contests – best trick, doggie/owner look-a-like contest, Mr. and Miss, hairiest dog and more. Dogs can enjoy the agility courses and splash pools or get their photos taken.
Kids can play in the children’s area with inflatable bounce houses and other activities.
Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel, Twig and Chili the Skateboarding Shelties and The Dock Dogs will be on hand to perform their special skills.
There will also be opportunities to adopt pets onsite through local rescue groups.
For more information, visit http://tampa.cbslocal.com/pet-a-palooza/.
Raymond James Stadium is located at 4201 N Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa.