Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Pasco residents can save on Rxs
Posted Mar 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 2, 2012 at 05:29 PM
If you are a Pasco County resident, you may want to look into this prescription medicine savings program.
Pasco County has launched the Points of Care prescription savings program available to all county residents regardless of age, income, or pre-existing conditions.
Points of Care is a no-cost savings program that will save residents up to 50 percent off their prescription medications, diabetes supplies, durable medical equipment and hearing aids. This program is designed to assist residents who do not have prescription drug coverage through their insurance or for savings on medications that are not covered through insurance.
Residents can visit www.PascoRxCard.com to print a card and start saving immediately. Residents can also pick up the prescription savings cards at locations throughout the county, including Community Services offices and libraries.
Contact the county’s Customer Service Center at (727) 847-2411 for a list of card pick up locations and participating pharmacies.
Residents simply present their card at one of over 45,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Kmart, Publix, Sam’s Club, Sweetbay, Target, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and Winn-Dixie.