Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Parking now free at Channelside
Posted Sep 18, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Feel “free” to enjoy the shopping, dining and entertainment options at Channelside through the end of the year.
The Tampa Port Authority announced that parking in the Channel district will be free through Jan. 2, 2014.
The free parking, located in the surface lot at Garrison Street adjacent to Channelside Bay Plaza, will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the exception of evenings designated as event nights. Overnight parking will continue to be prohibited.
Channelside Bay Plaza is home to such attractions as David O’ Keefe’s pop culture icons gallery, Splitsville bowling, Hooters, Cold Stone Creamery, Qachbal’s Chocolatier, Precinct Pizza, Tina Tapa’s and others. For more about the plaza, visit http://www.channelsidebayplaza.com/.
Channelside is located at 615 Channelside Dr., Tampa.