Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Nature’s Classroom hosts free open house on Sunday
Posted Apr 8, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Just once a year, Nature’s Classroom opens its doors to the general public to enjoy the environmental education center’s exhibits.
This Sunday, from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m., guests can savor this rare opportunity at the “Woods, Water, and Wildlife” open house.
Activities feature student nature art displays, music, animal handling and environmental exhibits. All activities are free to participate.
This event enables the public to visit the school site normally reserved for the environmental education of all Hillsborough County sixth grade public school students.
Parking is $5.
Nature’s Classroom is located at 13100 Verges Rd., Thonotosassa.