Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
National Parks Week offers free admission for everyone
Posted Apr 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Probably the ultimate Earth Day freebie (see list for more Earth Day deals) is the ability to freely enjoy our country’s beauty.
During National Parks Week (Apr. 22 - 26) entrance fees are waived for everyone at America’s national parks.
In Florida that means you can get in for free at Everglades National Park, Dry Tortugas, Canaveral National Seashore, Castillo de San Marcos National Monument and Gulf Islands National Seashore.
Traveling out of state? See list of all the participating parks at nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparksbystate.htm.
Fee waiver includes entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise.