Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Mummies at a discount
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM
During the month of August, Mummies of the World is offering a special discount on admission for senior citizens.
Through August 29, seniors get in for $15 every Wednesday (regularly priced $16.95).
Mummies of the World is currently in its final weeks at MOSI and will end Sunday, September 9.
Mummies of the World is the largest exhibition of mummies and related artifacts ever assembled, featuring a collection of 150 specimens and objects including real human and animal mummies, and related artifacts from South America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Ancient Egypt. For more information about the exhibit, visit mummiesoftheworld.com.
Advance reservations are recommended and tickets can be purchased by calling (813) 987-6000.
The Museum of Science and Industryis located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave. in Tampa.