Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Mummies at a discount
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM
During the month of August, Mummies of the World is offering a special discount on admission for senior citizens.
Through August 29, seniors get in for $15 every Wednesday (regularly priced $16.95).
Mummies of the World is currently in its final weeks at MOSI and will end Sunday, September 9.
Mummies of the World is the largest exhibition of mummies and related artifacts ever assembled, featuring a collection of 150 specimens and objects including real human and animal mummies, and related artifacts from South America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Ancient Egypt. For more information about the exhibit, visit mummiesoftheworld.com.
Advance reservations are recommended and tickets can be purchased by calling (813) 987-6000.
The Museum of Science and Industryis located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave. in Tampa.