Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
More free museum visit opportunities in St. Petersburg
Posted Sep 20, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 20, 2013 at 01:31 PM
Tampa Bay fine arts aficionados are in luck these days with more and more free museum deals announced.
The latest is ArtsAlive Free Museum Day 2013 scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28.
For this once-a-year event, admission is free or reduced to several museums and cultural attractions in St. Petersburg.
ArtsAlive hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and participating venues include the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Museum, Florida Holocaust Museum, Museum of Fine Arts, St. Petersburg Museum of History, The Dali Museum, Creative Clay Cultural Art Center, Morean Arts Center, Morean Glass Studio and Hot Shop, Morean Center for Clay, and the Chihuly Collection on Beach Drive.
Visit http://www.stpete.org/artsalive for a roundup of special events, discounts, galleries and exhibition details at these and other venues.
There are two restrictions for the event; free admission to The Dali Museum is limited to Pinellas County residents only and admission to the Chihuly Collection is $1.
Visitors are encouraged to park in city garages downtown and ride the St. Petersburg Trolley Downtown Looper or Central Avenue Trolley (http://www.loopertrolley.com/SchedulesFares.html). The trolleys will be stopping at or near most downtown ArtsAlive venues. There is a nominal fee to ride.