Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
More Bay area kids-eat-free deals
Posted Dec 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM
We have another couple of kids-eat-free deals to add after publishing our roundup of Bay area restaurants who participate last week.
Quaker Steak & Lube, 10400 49th St. N., Clearwater: Kids eat free with purchase of an adult entree on Mondays, plus as an added bonus they get to play video games for free. Menu includes usual popular American fare such as burgers and chicken wings. Check the restaurant calendar for updates and changes.
Sonny’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q - Kids 12 and younger eat free every Monday with purchase of adult entree at all locations. Menu items include smoked turkey, ribs, beef brisket and more.
Carmelita’s Mexican Restaurant - Also offers free food for kids on Mondays, ages 10 and younger only. Menu includes usual Mexican fare, but also chicken tenders and smiley fries. Kids meals include a fountain drink. Carmelita’s has four Pinellas locations and one in Pasco.
For our roundup of other kids eat free deals, click here.