Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
More back to school fun
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM
If your kids are super eager to go back to school (and even if they’re not) round them up and head on over to another Back To School Bash event.
This 17th annual event has changed locations this year - it used to be at the Tampa Convention Center - and will now take place at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
The bash is set for Saturday, August 11 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday, August 12 from noon until 4 p.m.
Admission for kids ages 12 and younger is free, adults pay just $9.
Look for a $1 off coupon in The Tampa Tribune’s Friday Extra section to save even more.
Events and activities will include the Sample Zone, rock climbing wall, and jumping in the Fun Zone.
Giveaways, while supplies last, will include backpacks, bike helmets, and lunch coolers from Bash sponsors.
For more information, visit their website at www.backtoschoolbash.com.