Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
More back to school fun
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM
If your kids are super eager to go back to school (and even if they’re not) round them up and head on over to another Back To School Bash event.
This 17th annual event has changed locations this year - it used to be at the Tampa Convention Center - and will now take place at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
The bash is set for Saturday, August 11 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday, August 12 from noon until 4 p.m.
Admission for kids ages 12 and younger is free, adults pay just $9.
Look for a $1 off coupon in The Tampa Tribune’s Friday Extra section to save even more.
Events and activities will include the Sample Zone, rock climbing wall, and jumping in the Fun Zone.
Giveaways, while supplies last, will include backpacks, bike helmets, and lunch coolers from Bash sponsors.
For more information, visit their website at www.backtoschoolbash.com.