Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
More back to school fun
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM
If your kids are super eager to go back to school (and even if they’re not) round them up and head on over to another Back To School Bash event.
This 17th annual event has changed locations this year - it used to be at the Tampa Convention Center - and will now take place at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
The bash is set for Saturday, August 11 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and Sunday, August 12 from noon until 4 p.m.
Admission for kids ages 12 and younger is free, adults pay just $9.
Look for a $1 off coupon in The Tampa Tribune’s Friday Extra section to save even more.
Events and activities will include the Sample Zone, rock climbing wall, and jumping in the Fun Zone.
Giveaways, while supplies last, will include backpacks, bike helmets, and lunch coolers from Bash sponsors.
For more information, visit their website at www.backtoschoolbash.com.