Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Moms admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo on Mother’s Day
Posted May 7, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Moms can enjoy free admission on Mother’s Day weekend when they are accompanied by their child’s paid combo admission.
Combo tickets are $24.95 plus $4 for DinoQuest2, seniors are $22.95 plus $4 DinoQuest2 and children ages 3 - 11 are $19.95 plus $4 DinoQuest2.
On Saturday, May 11 or Sunday, May 12, moms receive free zoo and DinoQuest2 admission with the purchase of their son’s or daughter’s full-priced combo admission ticket (paid ticket can be child or adult admission, as applicable).
The offer cannot be combined with other discounts and must be purchased on May 11 or May 12.
The zoo is open 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily.
For more information, visit http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/.