Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Mimi’s Cafe to roll back prices to 1978
Posted Jul 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 2, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Mimi’s Cafe is celebrating Bastille Day and 35th anniversary by rolling back prices on Sunday, July 14.
The french cafe is offering certain “Heritage Menu” items at rolled-back 1978 prices for one day only.
Five items that have endured the test of time will be offered at their original prices include:
French Onion Soup – $2.25
Pain Perdu – $4.25
Muffins – $.45
French Dip Sandwich – $4.10
Eggs Benedict – $3.95
Guests will also have the opportunity to win prizes such as cash, trip for two to Napa Valley, Mimi’s gift cards and more. Beginning July 14, all lunch and dinner guests will receive a game piece to be opened on their next visit, revealing a prize.
Bastille Day is a French national holiday commemorating the beginning of the French Revolution.
For more information about Mimi’s Cafe and a location near you, visit http://www.mimiscafe.com/.