Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
Posted Jun 24, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 05:04 PM
In honor of Fourth of July, military members - both active-duty and retirees - and up to three direct dependents are invited to visit Lowry Park Zoo for free July 4-7.
The military member will need to show a Department of Defense photo ID at the zoo’s ticket counter. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult with a valid military-issued ID must accompany children. Offer is not valid with any other discounts and no rain checks will be given.
The zoo is open daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Families who visit on July 6 won’t want to miss the the Teddy Bear Picnic. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. there will be special activities, keeper talks and music with Radio Disney for those who bring a teddy bear along. There is no additional charge for the event.
Lowry Park Zoo is located at 1101 W. Sligh Ave., Tampa.
For more information, visit www.lowryparkzoo.com/