Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Posted May 15, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Any active duty military, retired military, drilling reservist or National Guardsman will be treated to two free Florida Aquarium admission tickets for themselves and a guest on Memorial Day Weekend. Additional family members won’t be left out; up to four people additional can purchase tickets at the discounted rate of $10 per person.
The Florida Aquarium will be debuting a new attraction on Memorial Day weekend. Stingray Beach will feature an iconic boardwalk and offer up-close encounters with multiple species of stingrays, sharks and local shore birds.
The free service member admission deal is offered May 25 through May 27. The aquarium is open 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Florida Aquarium is located at 701 Channelside Drive, Tampa.
For more information, visit http://www.flaquarium.org/