Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Makes plans to attend holiday ornament workshop
Posted Nov 21, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Here’s a fun way to spend time with your family over the holidays while creating gifts and memories.
The City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department is offering an ornament making workshop at the Hyde Park Art Studio on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. - noon.
Each participant will receive five different clay ornaments to decorate using paint, permanent markers and glitter. The cost is $10 per person.
Space is limitied, so call to reserve your spot: Hyde Park Art Studio (813) 259-1687.
The art studio is located at 702 S. Albany Ave. in Tampa.