Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Make your own life-size scarecrow at park event
Posted Sep 9, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Have some good ol’ fashioned family fun when you make your own life-size scarecrow this Saturday.
The Manatee Village Historical Park is hosting a Fall Family Fun Day where families can create their own unique life-size scarecrow.
The activity costs $10 and includes armature, head covering, stuffing and instructions. Participants bring clothes and accessories to personalize their scarecrows.
Workshop space is limited and registration by Sept. 10 is required by calling (941) 741-4076.
The festival is also providing free “make and take” scarecrow-themed craft activities and face painting for kids from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Manatee Village Historical Park is located at 1404 Manatee Ave. E., Bradenton.