Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Low-cost cat spaying offered in February
Posted Jan 18, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM
To help reduce the number of homeless cats born this spring, the Humane Society of Tampa Bay is offering a special “Beat the Heat” promotion sponsored by PetSmart Charities. During the entire month of February, HSTB will spay female cats for a special discounted rate of $20 at their new Animal Health Center.
This special rate is even less than HSTB’s normal low-cost price and is available to all residents of Hillsborough County. Cat owners who wish to take advantage of this offer must mention the “Beat the Heat” promotion when they schedule their appointment when they call (813) 870-3304.
Spaying and neutering is safe for kittens as young as eight to 10 weeks old, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association.
The Animal Health Center is located at 3809 W. Armenia Ave., Tampa. The promotion runs from Friday, Feb. 1 through Thursday, Feb. 28.