Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Local businesses lending a hand to furloughed federal workers with freebies
Posted Oct 4, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Several businesses in the Washington D.C. area made news this week when they offered free food and other items to furloughed federal workers to show support during the government shutdown.
Now, Tampa Bay area businesses are joining in to honor our local folks who are being affected by this struggle.
Tun-Du-Ree is offering free mango lassi drinks for the entire family when a federal employee ID is presented. The offer is good on Friday, Oct. 4 only. Tun-Du-Ree is located at 513 N. Franklin St., Tampa. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151899510060295&l=c5d8790040
Revolution Ice Cream Co. in Brandon is offering two free scoops to furloughed federal employees during the shutdown. Revolution Ice Cream is located at 220 W. Brandon Blvd. https://www.facebook.com/TheRevolutionIceCreamCo.
The Florida Aquarium in Tampa is offering free admission to federal employees plus one guest during the shutdown. The aquarium is located at 701 Channelside Dr., Tampa. http://tbo.com/freeandcheapblog/free-aquarium-admission-offered-to-federal-employees-during-shutdown-20131003/
AMC Theaters is reportedly offering a free small popcorn to both furloughed federal workers and veterans, valid ID required, until Oct. 10. No movie ticket purchase is necessary. To find a location near you, visit http://www.amctheatres.com/.
Those who have cars financed through Hyundai Finance America by eligible furloughed employees can take advantage of deferring payments during the shutdown. For more information, visit hfmusa.com.
Know of other local businesses who are lending a hand? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.