Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Leu Gardens admits all for free on first Monday of month
Posted Jul 31, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
On Monday, Aug. 5 everyone is invited to stroll the grounds of the lush Leu Gardens - for free.
The botanical attraction regularly opens its doors for free on the first Monday of each month. Regular adult admission is $10.
The grounds are home to bamboo and camellia collections, butterfly garden, citrus grove, ferns, herbs, ginger, ornamental grasses, magnolia and more.
The gardens are also home to The Leu House Museum, a restored 19th century home listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Guided tours of the Leu House are available on the hour and half hour starting at 10 a.m. with the last tour at beginning at 3:30 p.m.
The free admission offer is good for daytime admittance only.
Leu Gardens is located at 1920 N. Forest Ave., Orlando.
For more information about the attraction, visit http://www.leugardens.org/.