Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Leu Gardens admits all for free on first Monday of month
Posted Jul 31, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
On Monday, Aug. 5 everyone is invited to stroll the grounds of the lush Leu Gardens - for free.
The botanical attraction regularly opens its doors for free on the first Monday of each month. Regular adult admission is $10.
The grounds are home to bamboo and camellia collections, butterfly garden, citrus grove, ferns, herbs, ginger, ornamental grasses, magnolia and more.
The gardens are also home to The Leu House Museum, a restored 19th century home listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Guided tours of the Leu House are available on the hour and half hour starting at 10 a.m. with the last tour at beginning at 3:30 p.m.
The free admission offer is good for daytime admittance only.
Leu Gardens is located at 1920 N. Forest Ave., Orlando.
For more information about the attraction, visit http://www.leugardens.org/.