Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Kids visit art centers for free
Posted May 16, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM
This summer kids will be able to visit some area art attractions for free during a special promotion.
The deal runs from June 1 through Aug. 31.
Participating venues include the Museum of Fine Arts and the Chihuly Collection presented by the Morean Arts Center. The Morean Glass Studio & Hot Shop is also included in the promotion. The arts centers are all located in downtown St. Petersburg.
All guests from 6 to 18 years old will be admitted free with each paying adult.
Children under 6 are admitted free of charge at all times during the deal period.
Daily glass blowing demonstrations by artists at the Morean Glass Studio & Hot Shop round out the experience.