Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Kids in costume admitted free at Mote during ‘Sharktoberfest’
Posted Oct 9, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM
We bet you invested a couple of dollars or more on this year’s Halloween getup for your little one.
Now let that fairy dress or Dracula cape save you some money, too.
During Sharktoberfest at Mote Marine Laboratory, children are admitted free with a paid adult admission if they are in costume.
The event takes place on Saturdays and Sundays through Halloween.
In addition to the seahorses, dolphins and other sea creatures you can see up close at the aquarium, Mote mascot “Gilly the Shark” will make special appearances for a few hours on Saturdays throughout the month.
Admission is $17 for adults, $16 for seniors and $12 for youth ages 4 - 12. Children under 4 are admitted free.
Mote Marine Laboratory is located at 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy. in Sarasota.