Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Kids can score Fresh Market gift cards, goodies in art contest
Posted Jan 3, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Kids with a flair for art can put that talent to work to score loot from The Fresh Market this month.
Through Jan. 28, kids ages 15 and younger can visit any participating Fresh Market for a template to design the next reusable bag for the grocery chain. There is no fee to enter.
Two winners from each store will be chosen to receive a $50 gift card each and two grand prize winners from all entries will be chosen to have their designs featured on each side of the new bag.
The grand prize winners will also get a $200 gift card and a basket of goodies and art supplies.
In the Tampa Bay area there are four The Fresh Market stores, including locations in North and South Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. For locations, visit http://www.thefreshmarket.com/all-stores/.
For more information and contest rules, visit http://www.thefreshmarket.com/community/designourbag.