Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
Kids can help others, have fun at fundraising walk
Posted Jan 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 29, 2013 at 02:12 PM
Kids can have fun and help the less fortunate at a fun, upcoming event.
The Annual Walk for the Poor & Family Fun Day takes place on Sunday, Feb. 17 at Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa.
From noon until 5 p.m., registered kids can participate in the walk and then enjoy the rides and other activities.
The $10 entry fee includes:
- Event t-shirt - while supplies last
- Participation in walk
- Access to more than 10 inflatable rides and slides
- Bungee bounce and mini-golf
- Face Painting and crafts
Food, drinks and game tickets will be sold for $2 - $5.
All proceeds of the event go to the Society of St Vincent de Paul.
To pre-register your child and for more information, visit their website at svdptampa.org/walk2.htm.
Curtis Hixon Park is located at 600 N. Ashley Dr., Tampa.