Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Kids at play area debut to score free goodies
Posted Sep 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 16, 2013 at 11:43 AM
International Plaza will be debuting the new Busch Gardens play area on Friday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m.
The new play area will be free to all guests at International Plaza and Bay Street and include several climbable animal stars such as hippos, a baby elephant, baby lions and an alligator, as well as a train, safari truck and a 14-foot Cheetah Hunt Tower. The area will also include a 70-inch TV showcasing Busch Gardens attractions.
The ribbon cutting ceremony will include Busch Gardens’ entertainment, as well as visits from some of the park’s animals.
The first 200 children 42 inches and under at the grand opening will get a special gift from Busch Gardens.
The play area is located on the lower level of the mall, towards the Nordstrom end of the shopping center.
International Plaza is located at 2223 N. West Shore Blvd., Tampa.