Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Kids admitted half-price on Saturdays to American Victory ship
Posted Jan 18, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM
The SS American Victory Mariners Museum is one of only four fully-operational WWII ships in the country and you can save on touring it when you visit on Saturdays.
Every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., kids can join a scavenger hunt, make arts and crafts projects, get a fun snack and a free Kids Ahoy!bookmark. What’s more, kids ages 12 and younger enjoy half-price admission.
Regular admission is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, $8 for veterans, $5 for children 4-12 and free for children 3 and under.
The ship is docked immediately behind the Florida Aquarium, 705 Channelside Drive, Tampa.