Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Kids admitted half-price on Saturdays to American Victory ship
Posted Jan 18, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM
The SS American Victory Mariners Museum is one of only four fully-operational WWII ships in the country and you can save on touring it when you visit on Saturdays.
Every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., kids can join a scavenger hunt, make arts and crafts projects, get a fun snack and a free Kids Ahoy!bookmark. What’s more, kids ages 12 and younger enjoy half-price admission.
Regular admission is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, $8 for veterans, $5 for children 4-12 and free for children 3 and under.
The ship is docked immediately behind the Florida Aquarium, 705 Channelside Drive, Tampa.