Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Kids 12 and younger eat free, no strings attached
Posted Dec 19, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 20, 2012 at 03:02 PM
Unlike most of the other kids eat free deals, this one comes with no other meal purchase requirements. All that is necessary is that the child, 12 and younger, be present.
For a limited time - Wednesday, Dec. 26 through Tuesday, Jan. 1 - kids can eat lunch or dinner free daily at the Tampa Ikea store.
There is a limit of one free combo meal valued at $2.49 per visit.
Menu options include meatballs, chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese and more.