Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Icare4Autism fundraiser at Florida Aquarium
Posted Mar 9, 2010 by Beth Gaddis
Updated Mar 9, 2010 at 07:39 AM
Most of us know somebody with autism, and if you don’t, just wait. The latest government research shows the neurological disorder affects one in 91 children, one in 58 boys, the International Center for Autism Research and Education said.
The organization is hosting a major fundraiser, Icare4Autism 2010, at The Florida Aquarium, 701 Channelside Drive in Tampa, from 6 to 10 p.m. on April 15.
It will auction off “Twilight,” Taylor Swift and Heath Ledger memorabilia, autographed items by Drew Brees, Jimmy Fallon tickets and a private tour of Yankee Stadium, Richard Wagner said.
There will also be celebrity appearances, complimentary wine tasting and live music. About 3,000 people are expected to attend, Wagner said.
The event will raise awareness and funds for autism research and education. Early bird tickets, available until March 15, cost $50. Tickets bought between March 16 and April 1 cost $65, and tickets purchased after that are $75.
To order tickets or for information, go to www.Icare4autism.org or call 1-877-877-7677. To download the flyer, click here.