Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Holiday Lights In the Gardens set to shine
Posted Nov 15, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 20, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Florida Botanical Gardens is once again lighting the tropics with cheerful holiday lights.
Holiday Lights In The Gardens takes place from Friday (Nov. 23) through Jan. 1, 2013 each evening from 5:30 - 9:30.
The display features more than 500,000 lights which illuminate the thousands of plants and trees that already make the gardens shine year-round.
Entertainers will perform and refreshments will be available for purchase.
The suggested donation is $2 for adults and kids are admitted free.
Want to know more? Watch their online video about the attraction.
Florida Botanical Gardens is located at 12520 Ulmerton Road, Largo.