Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Heroes admitted free to Innisbrook during Legends tournament
Posted Nov 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
The Legends Tour has announced it will honor American heroes at the ISPS Handa Legends Tour Open Championship during Veterans Day.
The event will be staged November 10-11, at Innisbrook, in Palm Harbor.
Active and retired military personnel, law enforcement and first responders will receive free grounds admission along with one adult guest on both Saturday and Sunday during the tournament.
The hero guests will also be treated to a special hospitality tent adjacent to the ninth green for shaded front-row seating, snacks and beverages. The hospitality area will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days.
Special events honoring both those who have served and those who have fallen during the weekend’s tournament include a MacDill color guard, para-commandos and other planned events.
Advance grounds passes for the military are available at area AAA branches. Free admission at the gate requires official military ID. Those under 17 are also admitted free of charge.
Gates open at 7:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Public parking is available at Klosterman and Belcher Road adjacent to Innisbrook Resort and includes complementary shuttle service to the Island Course.
For additional information visit www.innisbrookgolfresort.com.