Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Heroes admitted free to Innisbrook during Legends tournament
Posted Nov 2, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 2, 2012 at 11:01 AM
The Legends Tour has announced it will honor American heroes at the ISPS Handa Legends Tour Open Championship during Veterans Day.
The event will be staged November 10-11, at Innisbrook, in Palm Harbor.
Active and retired military personnel, law enforcement and first responders will receive free grounds admission along with one adult guest on both Saturday and Sunday during the tournament.
The hero guests will also be treated to a special hospitality tent adjacent to the ninth green for shaded front-row seating, snacks and beverages. The hospitality area will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days.
Special events honoring both those who have served and those who have fallen during the weekend’s tournament include a MacDill color guard, para-commandos and other planned events.
Advance grounds passes for the military are available at area AAA branches. Free admission at the gate requires official military ID. Those under 17 are also admitted free of charge.
Gates open at 7:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Public parking is available at Klosterman and Belcher Road adjacent to Innisbrook Resort and includes complementary shuttle service to the Island Course.
For additional information visit www.innisbrookgolfresort.com.