Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Heroes admitted free to Florida State Fair
Posted Jan 28, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 01:55 PM
When they’re not out saving lives and keeping us safe, heroes like to have fun too.
And on opening day of the 2013 Florida State Fair, they can have fun for free.
Feb. 7 is Heroes Day and all active, reserve, or retired military veterans, law enforcement, firefighters and first responders are admitted free with valid identification.
Other discounts are available during the course of the fair, including reduced admission for entry after 5 p.m., $5 off an armband with a Diet Mountain Dew can and free admission for FFA students.
The state fair runs from Feb. 7 through Feb. 18.
The Florida State Fairgrounds is at 4800 Highway 301 N., Tampa and parking is free.