Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Heroes admitted free to Florida State Fair
Posted Jan 28, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 01:55 PM
When they’re not out saving lives and keeping us safe, heroes like to have fun too.
And on opening day of the 2013 Florida State Fair, they can have fun for free.
Feb. 7 is Heroes Day and all active, reserve, or retired military veterans, law enforcement, firefighters and first responders are admitted free with valid identification.
Other discounts are available during the course of the fair, including reduced admission for entry after 5 p.m., $5 off an armband with a Diet Mountain Dew can and free admission for FFA students.
The state fair runs from Feb. 7 through Feb. 18.
The Florida State Fairgrounds is at 4800 Highway 301 N., Tampa and parking is free.