Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Heroes admitted free to Florida State Fair on opening day
Posted Jan 23, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM
For twelve days each year, it’s the most fun you can have in Florida.
The Florida State Fair returns for the 110th year on Feb. 6 and runs through Feb. 17.
This year, opening day is also “Heroes Day” and all active, reserve, former or retired military veterans, law enforcement, firefighters and first responders are admitted free with valid ID.
Regular adult admission is between $11 and $13, depending on day of week. Children are admitted for $5 - $7 depending on day of week.
For more Florida State Fair discounts and promo offers, visit http://www.floridastatefair.com/pdffiles/AdvBr012014lowres.pdf
The Florida State Fairgrounds are located at 4800 U.S. 301, Tampa.