Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
Posted Feb 19, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM
It’s festival season in Florida and the annual Strawberry Fest is the next up.
The event opens on Thursday, Feb. 27 and runs through Sunday, Mar. 9.
On Wednesday, Mar. 5 it’s Heroes Day at the fair. All active, reserve, retired military, veterans, law enforcement and first responders are admitted free with valid identification.
Regular gate admission is $10 for adults, and $5 for children ages 6 - 12. Children ages 5 and under are admitted free.
For other discount days visit the Strawberry Festival page at http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/about-us/special-days-discounts/
The Strawberry Festival fairgrounds are located at 303 Lemon St., Plant City.
For more information about the fest and for a full schedule of entertainment, visit http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/